2020 year in review
For the last three years, I've compiled a list of good things that happened in the past year, just so I could remember good things when I couldn't remember them. Well, this year, it's been much harder for me to want to write about the good things. So, I'm going to turn this post into a general year in review post, which will be sprinkled with good things. But, honestly, it will be difficult to remember anything about 2020.
After the React project, I switched gears and returned to good ol' Drupal development. I'm currently working on the front end of a Drupal 9 project and it's a lot of fun learning the best way to write Twig templates. I love being able to focus on CSS and HTML, my favorite things.
I laugh at my 2019 review, saying the year sucked -- no. 2020 has been the worst year of my personal life. My long-term relationship ended in the middle of a global pandemic right before I turned 40, so yeah, things haven't been the greatest. Hopefully things improve in 2021.
Yeah, that's all I can say about my personal life this year.
Even though the year's been awful, I'm going to try to remember some good things about this year.
- I started running again for the first time in 6 years. I stopped when it got too cold, but I'm confident I will pick it up again once it warms up and once I don't have to wear a mask to run outdoors.
- I discovered the joy of fountain pens.
- Before the pandemic, I spent a week in Palm Springs with my team for our company retreat. It was such a fantastic time and I'm glad I was able to take one trip this year.
- I moved to a new apartment with an in-unit washer and dryer. Enough said!
- I listened to a LOT of #ClubQuarantine on Gabriel & Dresden's Twitch stream. I wasn't a Twitch user before the pandemic, and now I watch so many DJ sets every week.
I don't have any wise words for the end of this post. 2020 was so rough and horrible and I don't even know what 2021 will bring.